• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hey new to the hobby

Anthony York

3 Year Member
Hey I'm Anthony I just started in the hobby but have been wanting to collect T ever sincei can remember about a month ago I got my first T it is a p. Metallica she has molted sense I have had her. I also have a GBB that I got about 3 weeks ago and I am enjoying them very much but anyway just thought I would introduce my self will try to get some pics of them in the next few days for everyone to see

hellknite

3 Year Member
Welcome aboard! Interesting T's for a beginner. If you have any questions, particularly about your specific T's, there are a lot of experienced keepers here to help.

Anthony York

3 Year Member
Well I know everyone says that p. Metallica isn't a beginner T to have butiI think I can handle it I researched them for about a year before I got it I know they are fast have potent venom but I wasn't planning on handling any of my T's I got them for display so far it been pretty good she stays mostly in the hide

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You have great taste as the P. Metallica is one of the elite T's in the world. And not inexpensive either! Make sure you read up on the Pokies as stated earlier, these can be crazy fast with a powerful bite. Good luck and welcome aboard!

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I already have researched them for a year before I got mine
Hello
Again,why I support buying T you want versus what's suggested.
- suggested starter T's could have a huge boredom factor like G.rosea
- easy to look after,thus no real effort again boredom factor.
- when starting with an easy T,one gets lulled into the misconception it's now easy to have any T or handle any T.
I believe get what you want,difficult or not to look after. Since in the end,say you get a difficult T and realize dammit not for me let me leave the hobby then it's one T that needs a new home. Where others will buy multiple easy T's then realize I'm bored,or get a difficult one oh this is not for me and then multiple T's need a new home. All above is an opinion not a rule,so apply as you see fit or not. So I give you a thumbs up from my side for taking on a Poecilotheria Metallica,might be more difficult but then that makes following T's easier to take care of.