• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

hey from south africa :D

roy187

3 Year Member
Hi guys!

So I finally decided to sign up to a T keeping forum and hopefully I can share all the awesome times with my T's. I'm new to the hobby and actually have a fear of spiders (although I have 6 lol)

my current list is:
1 green bottle blue
2 curly hair spiders
1 zebra pink beauty
1 chaco golden knee
1 mexican red rump

sorry for the lack of scientific names but I am new to this so I don't really know a lot of there scientific names lol

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome! That's a great collection. :) We would love to see pics. I have listed binomial names of your T's if you would like them.
green bottle blue=GBB=Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
curly hairs=Brachypelma albopilosum
zebra pink=Eupalaestrus campestratus
chaco=Grammostola pulchripes
red rump= Brachypelma vagans.

roy187

3 Year Member
I'll add some picks when I find my phones cable :) I love the hobby and love watching my little guys grow :) my Brachypelma albopilosum is a little twitchy as he flicks hairs when ever he has the chance but my Brachypelma vagans is such a little sweet heart :D doesn't flick hairs or anything.

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Hi, great to have you! Your collection sounds awesome...I'm hoping to expand from one T to several before long! :)

roy187

3 Year Member
I'm sure you will enjoy it just as much as I am :) well I just have a question for you more experienced keepers :) I'm getting a giant white knee in the morning and would like to know any precautions and surprises I need to look out for. and also the aggressive nature of them as I have got a lot of mixed info on them online.

Sabeth

3 Year Member
I think they are semi-aggressive. I've read that while bites are rare, they do flick irritating hairs a lot.

roy187

3 Year Member
Well lets hope I do have some luck :) I'm getting mine soon so lets hope things go alright when I put the little guy in his new enclosure

roy187

3 Year Member
Thank you DalilahBlue :D and I decided to rather go for a Brazilian red and white, a scarlet bird eater and a red rump all for the same price :D

Latest posts