• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help!

SpoodLover

3 Year Member
I got two G.Pulchra slings today and have no enclosures! I wasn't expecting them for another week. What can I keep them in until I can make it to the store? They are about .25 inches. Also, what can i feed them?? The only sling I have had is a G. Rosea, and she was about 1 inch when I got her. Any advice on enclosures, feeding, humidity, temps, etc is welcome!! Thank you.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Any small covered cup or container you can put air holes into, (melt poke or drill if you have a drill bit small enough,)
doesn't have to be fancy, that's for us anyway not them. Condiment cup from a local restaurant works well,
I always keep a few on hand for emergency's . for food, offer prekilled for now, a cricket leg, part of a meal worm,
they are opportunistic and they'll eat it provided they can find it, so don't over-house them. Keep it small enough for them to feel secure and find their food.

Last edited:

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
You must have a dollar store near you? thay will have bunches of really cheap enclosure ideas. I bought these 2oz containers 10/$1 to house my slings. they are easy to ventilate with a push pin.
2018-05-04 17.44.39.jpg
2018-05-04 17.58.51.jpg

SpoodLover

3 Year Member
I work at a school and I found some nice little deli cups with lids! I keep my house fairly cold, should I try to keep them warmer? They're soooo tiny! And how moist should the substrate be? There's so much conflicting advice out there o_Oo_Oo_O:T:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I work at a school and I found some nice little deli cups with lids! I keep my house fairly cold, should I try to keep them warmer? They're soooo tiny! And how moist should the substrate be? There's so much conflicting advice out there o_Oo_Oo_O:T:

Deli's are perfect. Keep them on dry substrate but if you can't fit a water bowl in just trickle a bit of water down the side every 2-3 days.