• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help with cork bark

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
When it will fit in there, I use the microwave to make sure nothing live gets into my enclosures.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
If mites show up at some point, they are not harmful to your tarantula, and you can kill them off by temporarily allowing the enclosure to dry out (and thats if you keep a t who needs moist substrate. With dry species it's unlikely you'll get mites).
There are a few species of predatory mites that can parasitise your t. But they tend to only be seen in wild caught T's that already had them

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
If mites show up at some point, they are not harmful to your tarantula, and you can kill them off by temporarily allowing the enclosure to dry out (and thats if you keep a t who needs moist substrate. With dry species it's unlikely you'll get mites).
There are a few species of predatory mites that can parasitise your t. But they tend to only be seen in wild caught T's that already had them
My t is a b. Smithi so maybe mites onto be an issue

Latest posts