• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help! Tarantula bleeding abdomen

mrnik46

We noticed our brachypelma hamorii scratching her abdomen excessively which then started to peel off and bleed (clear drops on the wound). We were really worried so we put some corn starch on the wound to stop the bleeding. Now she just started turning to moult so we don't want to disturb her or stress her out more. We would greatly appreciate if anyone has an explanation of why she started scratching or any tips on how to help her after the moult. Thank you!

Critter

We noticed our brachypelma hamorii scratching her abdomen excessively which then started to peel off and bleed (clear drops on the wound). We were really worried so we put some corn starch on the wound to stop the bleeding. Now she just started turning to moult so we don't want to disturb her or stress her out more. We would greatly appreciate if anyone has an explanation of why she started scratching or any tips on how to help her after the moult. Thank you!
I agree with 49 let her be I never touch any of my little buddies when they r molting it will go well or it won't I don't mean to sound mean that's just the way of things hope it turns out good for u

SullivanC

Is there any update yet?

Latest posts