• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help question

sierraR

3 Year Member
my rosie had her first molt since I bought her,she molted at night with no crickets in her habitat but her back leg broke off in a nasty twisted way below a joint. it looks painful but she walks ok,it has a bit of substrate stuck to the end as well. should I attempt to clean it? will it eventually grow back? and could it be hurting her> Her abdomen is much smaller than befor her molt. should i be concerned?
thank you in advance for any help
SierraR

Richard Ray

3 Year Member
no need to worry just leave it alone if she will take care of it when she is ready, one of our Rosie's was missing a whole leg and another one looked half dead. when she molted she regenerated the missing leg and the half dead looking leg. I had the same questions after we got her. now she is fine.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Keep us updated Sierra. Let us know if you have any more questions or worries. Glad to hear she seems to be doing ok.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
This is good. Rosie's can be a bit psycho. Don't be afraid if she suddenly stops eating. The little nutters do this for no apparent reason, and can go months with out eating. My Sonja hasn't eaten since mid December, though since she seems to be getting a little grumpy, she might be thinking about a molt as she has recently created a webbing mat in her enclosure.

Just make sure she has plenty of water and she will do wonderfully!