• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help! New owner!

Goldiesgiants

Hi there I'm very new to the hobby and I bought my first T a juvenile A. Geniculata. That I named octavia.So last night I had to change a hide that I had put in. To get Octavia to move to the other side of the enclosure so I could pull the hide out and change it I tapped the leg lightly with a paintbrush and it went nuts with a feeding response. (Which I was expecting it's a genic) so I decided for disturbing the T I would put a small cricket in the enclosure to check if it was hungry. The cricket hasn't been touched and the T is slow and not very enthusiastic. Is this just normal behaviour or sign of premolt? I just thought that considering the insane way octavia attacked the brush it might be hungry.
Thanks for any advice you have.

Goldiesgiants

Never mind I was watching her(?) And she went back for the cricket and absolutely demolished it. Becoming alot more lively now. Doesn't seem interested in burrowing at the moment but it's only been 2 days and I'm probably getting ahead of myself!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A new T eating is always a good sign but you're right it could take longer for her to settle in and make her home to her liking.