• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help my tarantula lost two of her legs and I don't know what to do

Rejoice it's Joy

I have an Arizona blonde tarantula named Athena. I got it about a year and half ago and until the last couple months she has been doing really good. But up until July she stopped eating and I thought this was because she was going through a premolt and I had just given her an upgrade into a new tank. But something else seems to be happening.

She hasn't eaten yet and a couple of weeks she lost two of legs. She acts like normal self, not being sluggish at all so I don't know what is wrong. I wasn't actually there when she last her legs (I was over my mom's house and Athena lives with my Dad)

I think she is just going through a really bad molt but the rest of body still looks like she is premolt but for now I remove all the really big branches in her tank so she wouldn't tried to climb on anything and fall.

So to be totally honest I don't know what to do and it's really stressing me out and I haven't found anything online to help me so I'm asking you guys for your opinion. I love Athena and will do anything for her and I just really need help.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
its not unusual for tarantulas to self amputate damaged legs.They will regrow with next few moults.Post picture of the full enclosure and its dimensions (in including substrate dept)to be able to get more specific advise further.
Regards Konstantin

Rejoice it's Joy

I currently can't get dimensions of tank right now but here's it compared to her and I think it has about 2 or 3 inches of substrate.

Attachments

• 20220227_203117.jpg
    20220227_203117.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • 20220227_202953.jpg
    20220227_202953.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 13

Latest posts