• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help me pick a tarantula

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
so G.Pulchripe it is. Thanks so much for the help guys, I know you must be tired of a new thread popping up like this every day but you really helped me out and I can see you put forth the effort to find the right T for me
It wont be long before you are looking for another one ;)

Atx13

3 Year Member
G. pulchripes are nice, probably the most predictable and mellow of the ones being discussed .. Slings will burrow, and once the get bigger will be out in the open more.
Can be handled a little more than the rest.
B. albopilosum is a good choice as well, very laid back, and easy going. Plus the look really cool :).

Rev SWIM

3 Year Member
Well as often goes when I am up against a salesman, I got pitched on something I wasnt going in there to get, a female Avicularia avicularia, I know its aboreal and something that nobody suggested but when I went to the reptile show, to get anything bigger than a sling that was affordable I had to get a rosie or an orange bitey thing, and I wanted to be able to get one that could be sexed. I dont know if this was the wrong decision but I'll be getting an exo-terra and all that. Not sure if the nano tall (8x8x12) is too small for a juvenile to grow up in. Also I'm hoping its not going to be shooting poop at me every day.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well as often goes when I am up against a salesman, I got pitched on something I wasnt going in there to get, a female Avicularia avicularia, I know its aboreal and something that nobody suggested but when I went to the reptile show, to get anything bigger than a sling that was affordable I had to get a rosie or an orange bitey thing, and I wanted to be able to get one that could be sexed. I dont know if this was the wrong decision but I'll be getting an exo-terra and all that. Not sure if the nano tall (8x8x12) is too small for a juvenile to grow up in. Also I'm hoping its not going to be shooting poop at me every day.
Brilliant. Im so glad you got a tarantula.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Congrats!! A.avics are awesome spiders!! Ours is very docile, and has never shot poop at me (so far lol). The exo-terra nano tall should be fine; we currently keep ours in the exact same one you mentioned. I was thinking I might upsize it to the 12x12x18 when she's full grown, just so she has the extra height...but going to wait and see how large she gets first :)

Latest posts