• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help, I feel terrible :(

Kuurdles

3 Year Member
So I'm a relatively new keeper. Have had my G. Rosea for awhile now and decided to try to raise a A. Versi Sling. I was trying to grab its left over cricket and it was like playing operation but I majorly failed and its entire web came with me, its like super glue. I feel terrible because he/she literally sat there a step away from my lil tweezers being a sweet heart watching me and very slowly just moved off the web a little bit as i first pulled but then slowly left it all together as i completely destroyed it. Now its all the way at the top not moving much, I really hope I didnt stress it out too much :(. MY question is, is this worth it? Is it worth it to destroy the whole web if the bolus is left in it? Should i be waiting until its thrown elsewhere or what? It's incredibly sticky and there was no way I was getting that cricket out without pulling the whole thing.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sometime that happens. It is better to remove the waste. itll make more. I promise. dont feel bad. what else does it have to do all day. :)

Ghost

3 Year Member
Don't feel to bad it will make another web in no time,What I do with my heavy webbers is just cut the part of the web that has any waste in it,I'm constantly having to do this with my GBB but it always repairs the bit I have to cut away...

Kuurdles

3 Year Member
Thats a good idea, I gotta work on my surgical skills of getting those out! Ill let ya know how the lil guy fares! Thanks for the cheer up too, just a new worrisome parent!

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I noticed how strong Avic's webs are when taking mine's molt out and when I rehoused her/him. Mine isn't being a "sweetheart" though, lol. While removing the molt she was boxing the tweezers and while I tried to gently coax her into a holding container to rehouse her she actually bit into the paintbrush without hesitation. She's a bit of a b###ch, but I love her <3.
Anyway, as the others wrote, not to worry, the little one will build a new web, it's what they do best.

Kuurdles

3 Year Member
UPDATE! So it took a day or two but it indeed did rebuild its web, however it was alot more secluded than the last one and it didnt eat during two attempted feedings......so i upped humidity a tad built and woke up today to see that WALAAAAAA It has molted succesfully and is chilling! My first sling with its first successful molt! Feels great :)! Will definitely post some pics after a while, dont want to disturb the lil one!

Ghost

3 Year Member
Congrats on your first molt it's always a relief to get the first one out the way.
If you leave it for a few days to let him harden up then he should take a cricket or two....

Thivo

3 Year Member
Congrats... It is really nice and feel great once you see your T's molted and getting bigger specially on slings..

Latest posts