• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

help!!! (accidentally knocked over enclosure)

Leena32

i accidentally hit my ts enclosure causing it to to over and the rest moved and didn’t know it was molting at all until i saw this looking for it. can i do anything so it wouldn’t die on me while molting ?

Attachments

• 971954A5-7A9F-4273-8809-7A3F3CD74685.jpeg
    971954A5-7A9F-4273-8809-7A3F3CD74685.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24

Salatia

The picture you shared above looks like a moult. The abdomen is effectively torn, eyeholes are typically visible on the carapace. The T during this time spends a lot of time stretching before its exoskeleton hardens, and this is how it gets bigger. They are very vulnerable during this stage, sadly its about the worst time the enclosure could take a knock. However, if the process only began afterwards it could still be in there fine. You'd want to give it some time and hopefully they'll reappear with no signs of being worse for wear. Any clear liquid on the abdomen or joints would be a sign of bleeding, and you'd want to use cornstarch to try to stop this. I say cornstarch because I don't want to recommend superglue without knowing where a potential bleed may be.

Unless I'm misunderstanding and you've unearthed a body, with a plump abdomen, as well as that which is in the image above. In which case, I'm very sorry.