• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELLO

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi Alex and welcome. You'll learn loads on here and there will be plenty to tempt you into buying more.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I couldn't imagine keeping species with a medically significant bite in an office. If one did happen to get loose and someone got bit that would be pretty bad for both them and the spider. Sorry I just had to express my opinion here.

JAYGEE

3 Year Member
Not sure if you're talking about me or the OP, but;

My office is locked 7 days a week even when I am there and only one other person has access to it, but they never do.

No one is allowed in my office unless I am there and even then I don't like anyone in my office
If it becomes and issue then Ill bring my Ts home.

Therasoid

3 Year Member
NEW to Tarantulas. I have a Rose Hair. looking for advice and to learn more about T's
Hello Alex, welcome to the forum and the hobby. Many start the hobby with G. rosea, they're inexpensive, hardy and easy to care for. I have 2 RCF and enjoy them. Be warned this species is prone to mood swings, long periods of not eating, slow growing and don't move about too much. Give them a hide, water dish, adequate ventilation and feed once weekly or every ten days.
Get the basic husbandry skills to a level you're comfortable with and you'll be fine. A good beginners book for New World terrestrials is the Tarantula Keepers Guide by Stan Schultz. Covers most everything you'll need to get a good feel for the hobby and its inexpensive to boot. [emoji4]
Use the search function, in the forum, as many questions about G. rosea have been answered in the Genus Grammostola section.
Happy T'ing!!

PamCz

3 Year Member
Welcome!! :)

Couldn't agree with @Therasoid more re: the Tarantula Keeper's Guide. I see so many questions, BASIC questions, asked here that are answered in that book. Knowing what's in that book is the best thing you can do for both yourself and for your T.

Latest posts