• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello!

Vulash

Hey everyone!

My name is Tim, and I'm new to the forum and new to tarantula keeping. I had never intended to keep tarantulas most of my life, although I've always thought spiders were really cool. I grew up in West Virginia and didn't even realize tarantulas were in the U.S. until seeing one in the wild in Arizona about 10 years ago. A few months ago I saw a tiktok of a Caribena Versicolor and thought "I might actually like to have one of those". I started obsessively learning, as I usually do and here I am.

After all of my research I went to order a T. Albo, but realized I could get it free if I ordered a different one instead - GBB. Before the order shipped I thought "well I know I want two more I should probably take advantage of the shipping". I mean, it just made financial since you know? So now I'm at 14 Ts my first month in. I went a bit off the deep end. All are new world, but I have a variety of sizes, habitats, temperaments, speed, etc. All of them are slings of various sizes except one juvenile I "rescued" from Petco because of its conditions (I won't do that again).

As for me, I'm a geologist living in Houston, Texas. I'm not a city person at all, but I make do. I'm into kayak fishing, trout fishing, board games, D&D, reading, woodworking, and probably a bunch of other outdoor activities. I love learning new things and will often be reading up on a new topic.

That is probably more introduction than anyone needs, so thank you for having me!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello Tim and welcome. :)
It's always good to know what makes people tick.

Jenks2772

Hey everyone!

My name is Tim, and I'm new to the forum and new to tarantula keeping. I had never intended to keep tarantulas most of my life, although I've always thought spiders were really cool. I grew up in West Virginia and didn't even realize tarantulas were in the U.S. until seeing one in the wild in Arizona about 10 years ago. A few months ago I saw a tiktok of a Caribena Versicolor and thought "I might actually like to have one of those". I started obsessively learning, as I usually do and here I am.

After all of my research I went to order a T. Albo, but realized I could get it free if I ordered a different one instead - GBB. Before the order shipped I thought "well I know I want two more I should probably take advantage of the shipping". I mean, it just made financial since you know? So now I'm at 14 Ts my first month in. I went a bit off the deep end. All are new world, but I have a variety of sizes, habitats, temperaments, speed, etc. All of them are slings of various sizes except one juvenile I "rescued" from Petco because of its conditions (I won't do that again).

As for me, I'm a geologist living in Houston, Texas. I'm not a city person at all, but I make do. I'm into kayak fishing, trout fishing, board games, D&D, reading, woodworking, and probably a bunch of other outdoor activities. I love learning new things and will often be reading up on a new topic.

That is probably more introduction than anyone needs, so thank you for having me!
That's so cool overwhelming but cool. I'm on my first and searching for my next few. The gbb being my most wanted. Good luck. Hope they thrive.

Latest posts