• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello wonderful people,

streety

Am looking get a T or two after a long absence had a Mexican Red Knee and a S American pink toe as a teenager but that was quite a while ago, I live in the UK and have looked on line at juveniles and some are described as Females should I take it that if not that they are Male and when they quote 3cm do they mean body length, thanks

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
First welcome to the forum & back to the hobby.

An unsexed juvenile should mean that it could be male or female, but not all dealers are equal. So do not assume that a juvie could mean female, as some less reasonable dealers use it to clear out what they think are males. I have brought a female from a non UK dealer that was male, my wife also had a female turn out male from the same non UK dealer, which is a little naughty as we pay more for females.

My experience with The Spider Shop is that they sell, honestly. The same with So many legs, BugUK, Portsmouth Tarantulas & probably a few others, who I have forgotten to name.

streety

Am looking get a T or two after a long absence had a Mexican Red Knee and a S American pink toe as a teenager but that was quite a while ago, I live in the UK and have looked on line at juveniles and some are described as Females should I take it that if not that they are Male and when they quote 3cm do they mean body length, thanks
Thank you,

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
3 cm should mean diagonal leg span. Distance from front tarsus to the opposite back tarsus.

BTW: Welcome back!

Latest posts