• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello tarantula friends!

mandylydena

My name is Mandy from southern Ontario and I received my first tarantula 5 days ago. It’s a Eupalaestrus campestratus sling around 1.5” and who eats like a champ. In my 45 years on the planet I’ve kept frogs, fish, snakes, geckos and isopods, but never thought I’d own a tarantula. I’m sure I’ll have questions and figure I’m doing everything wrong, but I do have The Tarantula Keepers Guide arriving today from Amazon. I’ve also been toying with the idea for over a year and did plenty of research. It became a no brainer when I realized all the things I feed my leopard gecko I could feed a tarantula buddy.

I’ll attach a photo of Gimli who generally runs and hides when I take the lid off.

Attachments

• F5EF60E8-0B2E-4DB1-9C69-6AD49DA90AF1.jpeg
    F5EF60E8-0B2E-4DB1-9C69-6AD49DA90AF1.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 16

Trainwreck

The area I would eventually move to because my mum is in long term care there, everything is prohibited. Well almost everything. Boas and pythons of all kinds are prohibited. All arachnids. Everyone loves dubia roaches as feeders, illegal in Canada.
Wow that’s crazy. I actually am not a big fan of dubias, I prefer crickets and worms ( meal and super)

mandylydena

Wow that’s crazy. I actually am not a big fan of dubias, I prefer crickets and worms ( meal and super)
I think my leopard gecko would like dubias, she’s never had a superworm. I have a few crickets chirping away in the closet right now, lol. I keep crickets, mealworms, phoenix worms and wax worms on hand most of the time. My tarantula had a phoenix worm last night and seemed to enjoy.

Latest posts