• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello - new member with a new T.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm seriously impressed!!! Almost looks like my bedroom after a fun night!Bwahahahah! Now I want a T that will shoot poop, although that looks messy AF and annoying to clean. Is this normal for them or a defense mechanism?
Nope, I was being facetious, they do not poop at you although different spiders have different habits. Some always go for the wall, some the water dish and some always at the same place in a corner.
You are safe ;)

cmvcarlsson

Nope, I was being facetious, they do not poop at you although different spiders have different habits. Some always go for the wall, some the water dish and some always at the same place in a corner.
You are safe ;)
That's good to know! I am seriously developing an obsession with all the varieties of T's I am learning about. There are so many beautiful and fascinating T's out there. One day I will work up to getting a Theraphosa Stirmi, but that will be when I am not a novice with these beautiful creatures.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That's good to know! I am seriously developing an obsession with all the varieties of T's I am learning about. There are so many beautiful and fascinating T's out there. One day I will work up to getting a Theraphosa Stirmi, but that will be when I am not a novice with these beautiful creatures.
Be careful what you wish for ;) it is a very addictive hobby.
It always starts with a T or two and before you know it you have terrariums all over the place and have to create budget just for crickets :D

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Be careful what you wish for ;) it is a very addictive hobby.
It always starts with a T or two and before you know it you have terrariums all over the place and have to create budget just for crickets :D
Nah, don't be ridiculous...

I just got 12 new enclosures and a 14 x 30 x 64 5-shelf rack from Amazon
You know, Wednesday

cmvcarlsson

Nah, don't be ridiculous...

I just got 12 new enclosures and a 14 x 30 x 64 5-shelf rack from Amazon
You know, Wednesday
Yeah, I am building a new enclosure for my boa, then that tank which is 8ft will be my new aquarium for my fish that are outgrowing their current tank. Haven't thought too much yet for my slings new enclosure but for now it's in a small little enclosure since it is only about 1- 1.5 inches, but with the recent molt, I have no idea how much it has grown... I am already planning to add some new shelving to my house for additional enclosures down the road. I don't think I will ever have more than 5 t's but who knows??? Hehehe

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yeah, I am building a new enclosure for my boa, then that tank which is 8ft will be my new aquarium for my fish that are outgrowing their current tank. Haven't thought too much yet for my slings new enclosure but for now it's in a small little enclosure since it is only about 1- 1.5 inches, but with the recent molt, I have no idea how much it has grown... I am already planning to add some new shelving to my house for additional enclosures down the road. I don't think I will ever have more than 5 t's but who knows??? Hehehe
4 years ago, no T (I had Ts back in France 20 years ago).
3 years ago, 2 Ts.
2 years ago, 9 Ts.
1 year of pandemic: 102 Ts!

cmvcarlsson

4 years ago, no T (I had Ts back in France 20 years ago).
3 years ago, 2 Ts.
2 years ago, 9 Ts.
1 year of pandemic: 102 Ts!
Wow! 9 to 102! I wouldn't even know how to care or where to put them all! My goal is to set up a really natural terrarium and habitat for Velcro, then not tell anyone there is a T in there. I am doing research on habitats and natural plants for husbandry.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Wow! 9 to 102! I wouldn't even know how to care or where to put them all! My goal is to set up a really natural terrarium and habitat for Velcro, then not tell anyone there is a T in there. I am doing research on habitats and natural plants for husbandry.
Keep in mind that T. Albopilosus have a mind of their own. You might create the most beautiful enclosure and it might bulldozer the whole place overnight.

cmvcarlsson

Keep in mind that T. Albopilosus have a mind of their own. You might create the most beautiful enclosure and it might bulldozer the whole place overnight.
I think mine definitely would from the personality I have already seen from this little one. It has always been super active and digging the "perfect" burrow until it decided to molt. I was expecting a little spider that would just chill but this one is creative and likes to explore its habitat. I will always let it do its thing, but I still think a fun pretty little home for it in the future will be awesome.

cmvcarlsson

I think mine definitely would from the personality I have already seen from this little one. It has always been super active and digging the "perfect" burrow until it decided to molt. I was expecting a little spider that would just chill but this one is creative and likes to explore its habitat. I will always let it do its thing, but I still think a fun pretty little home for it in the future will be awesome.
When you say "bulldoze" the place overnight what do you mean? Like rearrange the "furniture" heheh

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
When you say "bulldoze" the place overnight what do you mean? Like rearrange the "furniture" heheh
Like destroying everything and literally flipping the whole inside of the enclosure upside down. They’ll move substrate from one side to another and things will disappear as they’ll burry everything in their way. It is totally normal and part of their charm.

cmvcarlsson

Like destroying everything and literally flipping the whole inside of the enclosure upside down. They’ll move substrate from one side to another and things will disappear as they’ll burry everything in their way. It is totally normal and part of their charm.
I can't wait. my little t. Albo is all about that! hehe That is the best part of having a reptile or spider. You can't predict what they will do. Although with my boa I can read its body language pretty damn well and we have a "connection" I know people think I am crazy. I love when clean my boa's enclosure and its like I pissed her off. She will spend an hour trying to flip the water dish and move her branches to just where SHE wants them if I don't put them back in the right place. I also love when she is hungry and ready to eat because if my pug walks by she will eye the dog like it's her next meal. Heheheh.

Latest posts