brycickles
New Member
- Messages
- 3
- Location
- Green Bay, Wi
I created this account back in March but hadn't touched anything until now (life got busy). Anywho, I got into keeping in 2025 and recently got really into the poecilotheria genus with the goal of helping keep the genus alive via responsible captive breeding.
I live in Wisconsin and aim to begin breeding poecilotheria within the next year or so, and am currently on the hunt for either subfusca variant (if such a thing is possible in Wi) as well as additional formosas and metallicas to start. There are 3 metallicas and 1 formosa currently, but other T's as pets include: b. hamorii, v. chromatus, 2 t. albo, a. avicularia, g. pulchripes, p. murinus, ornithoctoninae sp. vietnam silver, 2 m. balfouri, p. insignis (ecuador).
I recently began logging everything I do with each spider and aim to develop and public-repo a small keepers application for logging/databasing once the winter shuts me inside this year. It'd be nice to scan a QR code next to the tank and be able to pull up indexed logs of everything ive done regarding that individual spider. Big animal lover - got dogs, cats, and chickens as well. I've probably consumed a few hundred hours of Dave's Little Beasties content alone (lol) and find it really refreshing to see that there's always something more to learn with this hobby. Trying to get back into rock climbing.
Thanks all,
Bryce
I live in Wisconsin and aim to begin breeding poecilotheria within the next year or so, and am currently on the hunt for either subfusca variant (if such a thing is possible in Wi) as well as additional formosas and metallicas to start. There are 3 metallicas and 1 formosa currently, but other T's as pets include: b. hamorii, v. chromatus, 2 t. albo, a. avicularia, g. pulchripes, p. murinus, ornithoctoninae sp. vietnam silver, 2 m. balfouri, p. insignis (ecuador).
I recently began logging everything I do with each spider and aim to develop and public-repo a small keepers application for logging/databasing once the winter shuts me inside this year. It'd be nice to scan a QR code next to the tank and be able to pull up indexed logs of everything ive done regarding that individual spider. Big animal lover - got dogs, cats, and chickens as well. I've probably consumed a few hundred hours of Dave's Little Beasties content alone (lol) and find it really refreshing to see that there's always something more to learn with this hobby. Trying to get back into rock climbing.
Thanks all,
Bryce