• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from So Cal

Checkmate

Formerly 'voldemort'
3 Year Member
Hello. I've been in the hobby for a little over 1 year. I just found this board after having been on the other one for about 4 years. I have 13 t's

Last edited:

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lots of awesome girls Voldemort. It would be a good story--how you came about your collection.

I left AB due to the constant upsmanship and snarky responses...with little respect to the newbie. You will never find that here. The information is as good as, although not as voluminous as, the other site. Much better international community: which is way cool.

Welcome.

Checkmate

Formerly 'voldemort'
3 Year Member
Lots of awesome girls Voldemort. It would be a good story--how you came about your collection.

I left AB due to the constant upsmanship and snarky responses...with little respect to the newbie. You will never find that here. The information is as good as, although not as voluminous as, the other site. Much better international community: which is way cool.

Welcome.
I just bought one after the other after careful research. Made sure enclosures were squared away beforehand. The sling was a freebie, I only buy females as I am not looking to breed. I'll likely stop at 20 Ts.

I go to AB for resources and classifieds but elitist attitudes there make me want to punch my tablet. One guy was so excited for his second t, everyone just kept cutting him down. They threw advice at him without any reasoning behind it then get mad if he questions said advice. One guy said he refused to give him anymore advice because he didn't take his first advice. Lol like really? Tantrum much?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I just bought one after the other after careful research. Made sure enclosures were squared away beforehand. The sling was a freebie, I only buy females as I am not looking to breed. I'll likely stop at 20 Ts.

I go to AB for resources and classifieds but elitist attitudes there make me want to punch my tablet. One guy was so excited for his second t, everyone just kept cutting him down. They threw advice at him without any reasoning behind it then get mad if he questions said advice. One guy said he refused to give him anymore advice because he didn't take his first advice. Lol like really? Tantrum much?

I had the same reaction over there when I got my 1st 2 Ts, I started with an OBT followed by a P. metallica and boy did I get slated. None of that here though :).

Be warned it is almost impossible to set yourself a limit and stick too it. I was only buying one to cure my arachnophobia but I now have 75 and 6 more on order:rolleyes::D.

Checkmate

Formerly 'voldemort'
3 Year Member
I had the same reaction over there when I got my 1st 2 Ts, I started with an OBT followed by a P. metallica and boy did I get slated. None of that here though :).

Be warned it is almost impossible to set yourself a limit and stick too it. I was only buying one to cure my arachnophobia but I now have 75 and 6 more on order:rolleyes::D.
Maybe 20 maybe 30. :D I do love baboons and hope to have them all

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Which 2? I'm looking for a C. marshalli next.

I have C. darlingii and C. marshali at the moment but I'm also after a C. sanderi. I also have a Sphaerobothria hoffmanni which is horned but not classed as a Baboon because it's Costa Rican not African.

Last edited:

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome to the Group Voldemort.........................LC72UK:):T:
Can`t go wrong with Baboons , great T`s I have 14 of them.

Calico

3 Year Member
Welcome Voldemort! Looks like we are neighbors. I'm in Lakewood.
Lots of great people here. Have helped me a lot as I'm new to this.
If you know of any local places to get more T's, I'd love to know. I'm currently looking for my second one.

Checkmate

Formerly 'voldemort'
3 Year Member
Welcome Voldemort! Looks like we are neighbors. I'm in Lakewood.
Lots of great people here. Have helped me a lot as I'm new to this.
If you know of any local places to get more T's, I'd love to know. I'm currently looking for my second one.
Hey Calico. Yes, we are neighbors! You can check Craigslist. There's a girl from Tustin selling her rose hair. Reptile Island in Stanton had like 4 T's last time I was there. Prehistoric Pets in Fountain Valley had a couple. And there's a place on PCH in Lomita I think it's called Reptile finder or something. Finally, there's a breeder in Torrance that I bought an A. ezendami and an M. balfouri from.

Calico

3 Year Member
Hey Calico. Yes, we are neighbors! You can check Craigslist. There's a girl from Tustin selling her rose hair. Reptile Island in Stanton had like 4 T's last time I was there. Prehistoric Pets in Fountain Valley had a couple. And there's a place on PCH in Lomita I think it's called Reptile finder or something. Finally, there's a breeder in Torrance that I bought an A. ezendami and an M. balfouri from.

Thanks for the information. I will have to check these out.
I have an A.Chalcodes that was wild caught. Well, actually, he was a stowaway in my husbands bag when he came home from a trip to Calico (hence the name). I am now hooked!

Latest posts