• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello From Chihuahua Mexico!

jTivan

3 Year Member
Hello My name is Ivan(23) I'm new to the Tarantula Hobby, I have always loved Tarantulas but this is the first time own T's. I have a Female Brachypelma Hentzi full grown that's what i was told. LOL. I also have 2 Brachypelma Vagans at 3.5 cm in size. Not sure how fast they will grow. Hoping to have more T's in the future.

laura916

3 Year Member
Hello Ivan and welcome :D I only have 1 T, unsexed B. Amilia.. just molted yesterday for the 1st time since we got it in early/mid april.
We saved the old skin and im wondering if its too late to take it in and have it sexed :oops: I read they can "mist" the old skin to soften it but im not sure if its true, lol

jTivan

3 Year Member
Hello, Laura. I'm not 100% sure about that but i think I've heard that after they molt and their new skin heals, they are most likely ready for mating after a couple of weeks of good feeding.. Not really a T pro yet, LOL.

laura916

3 Year Member
Hello, Laura. I'm not 100% sure about that but i think I've heard that after they molt and their new skin heals, they are most likely ready for mating after a couple of weeks of good feeding.. Not really a T pro yet, LOL.
oh, by "sexed" i meant taking in the old skin to determine whether its male or female, lol

laura916

3 Year Member
yes, when i got it, i asked if it was male or female and they told me they werent sure and to bring in the old skin when it molts and they'd check for me. I just dont know if i can take it in a week later. I read with a little misting with water, they can soften the skin if its dried out and check, then possibly shape it to look just like a T sitting there, lol..

heres a pic of the old skin

Attachments

• 946245_547902755261141_1228760533_n.jpg
    946245_547902755261141_1228760533_n.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 6

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Hi, there! Great to have you. I'm new to Ts, too! Currently I have a B. smithi female (in my profile pic) and a P. parvula female that just arrived yesterday. :) Hope to see some pics of your Ts soon!

jTivan

3 Year Member
Hi, there! Great to have you. I'm new to Ts, too! Currently I have a B. smithi female (in my profile pic) and a P. parvula female that just arrived yesterday. :) Hope to see some pics of your Ts soon!
Hey there, thanks Sabeth. My T is a brachypelma Hentzi(profile picture as well :)) and 2 brachypelma Vagans which are about 3.5 cm. Not familiar with the P. parvula but would love to see one. Any Arachnid is cool with me :D

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Paraphysa parvulas are really neat Ts...the bristles on their abdomens grow in such a way that makes them look like they have cowlicks! :D She is still settling in so I have not gotten any pics but hopefully soon I will post some!