• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Alabama

Fox Glove

I've been a member a couple of months now, so I thought would take some time to introduce myself.
I got into the hobby after my wife, in a moment weakness, said I could not get a snake but could buy a tarantula... which I promptly did... before she could change her mind... Actually, I think her permission means I can get as many as I want... right...? I now have a Pterinopelma Sazimai, Nhandu Chromatus, and a wish list that keeps growing. I expect I'll have a couple more after the next exotic pet expo in a couple of months, but I don't think I'll let my wife know until after I sneak them into the house.

I am glad I found this community and wanted to say thank you. While you may not have been posting/responding to me directly, your advice and knowledge have proven invaluable. You have already guided me through molts, re-housing, and numerous questions I didn't know I had. I look forward to learning more.

I was hoping to get some good pictures to add, but my tarantula's are still small and a bit shy. I'll update with pictures when I am able to get some good shots.

Teresaisrad

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome on in! You found a good group of peeps thats for sure.
Also loved that you've searched through old posts cause there's lots of good stuff to see in here.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello and welcome to the hobby. :)
That's one good thing about tarantulas they're easy to sneak in.

Jeef

3 Year Member
Greetings and welcome aboard!

I have a Nhandu tripeppi that hides if you think about looking at it. What is your wish list like?

Fox Glove

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Greetings and welcome aboard!

I have a Nhandu tripeppi that hides if you think about looking at it. What is your wish list like?

My list seems to be a little bit of everything. The top currently is: Grammostola Pulchripes, Brachypelma Auratum, Avicularia Purpurea, Pamphopeteus Machalla, a few Poeci's.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My list seems to be a little bit of everything. The top currently is: Grammostola Pulchripes, Brachypelma Auratum, Avicularia Purpurea, Pamphopeteus Machalla, a few Poeci's.

Be warned that list will continue to grow.

Latest posts