• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello everyone!

Rickdawg73

3 Year Member
Hi my name is Patrick and I dove into the crazy world of Tarantulas 4 days ago:) I bought a cool Arizona Blonde that I just can't stop watching...lol. I've done lots of research but I can't really find exacting info on the Arizona's. I'd really appreciate any information on their routines, feeding and I guess what to expect in general. Mine seems to sleep or becomes inactive for long periods and hasn't eaten the crickets I provided for meal time. I'm hoping to have success with this one before moving on to a Mexican Red Knee. Can't wait to hear from the other hobbyists out there!

Dustin Amack

3 Year Member
Hey Patrick, welcome to this awesome hobby! I have two A. chalcodes and love the genus. Mine are pretty hyper and always out to say hi. Mine both eat like savages and would consume as many roaches as I would hand them. Be sure to keep the enclosure dry, just overflowing the water bowl once a week or so. there is no reason to worry about temps with this T as they come from the desert where temps really fluctuate. Enjoy your new T and feel free to ask any questions..

Rickdawg73

3 Year Member
Thanks a lot everyone! I'm always excited to get home from work to see what it's doing. I have an unsexed juvenile so I'm guessing it has 1 or 2 molts before it can be sexed.

LGTARANTULAS

3 Year Member
Reason it may not eat is possibly because it's trying to get used to it's environment. It could also be in premolt. Or it can just be that it may not want to eat. From my personal experience, I once had my G.Pulchra not eat for nearly a year. Just give it time to settle in. Wait two weeks and then try feed her. Make sure to keep her water dish full.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
FWIW, my A. Chalcodes used to eat like a champion. She molted 9 months ago and has eaten a total of 2 crickets since then. Even experienced T keepers are bothered by this...but don’t worry. I thick abdomen and a full water dish and it will be OK.

Latest posts