• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello everyone! I'm new to the hobby.

Insane4cefed

Hello! My name is Nathan. It was about 4 months ago that a random tarantula video came up on my youtube list to watch and I was bored so I watched it. It was a video on the dark den channel and I have to say that it was really interesting to me. I kept watching videos and gaining interest in possibly getting one myself someday. I eventually started watching other channels such as exotics lair, deadly tarantula girl and Tom Moran.

I decided that I just had to get one to see if I would even like owning one myself, so about a month ago I went to a pet store that listed they had tarantulas for sale. They didn't have a whole lot to pick from and most of them were hiding the entire time so I picked the tarantula that was roaming around since the most important thing to me was not getting a pet hole for my first tarantula.

The T I went home with was an aphonopelma anax, at least that is what it was sold to me as. lol
20180703_164830.jpg

20180704_170006.jpg

20180712_164016.jpg

20180704_193730.jpg

I believe I have successfully sexed him as a mature male?
20180705_174740.jpg

Anyway, I have been having fun owning him and I decided that it was something that I really liked so I went back to get me another tarantula. I know that I'm a beginner, but I knew what to expect from this T. I rehoused him with zero issues doing it just like Mr. Petkovic from Dark Den illustrates in his videos working with old worlds. ( not saying my heart wasn't racing the whole time )

It is a heteroscodra maculata. tiny tiny little T. I don't really know how big he/she is but I will guess 2 in maybe? Super super bolty. This T was #2 on my list of most desired T to own, didn't expect to get one so soon. Just couldn't pass getting one once I seen one in person. I will be getting a 3rd one in another week or so, the owner of the shop I got my T's from is going to hold an Avicularia for me when his next shipment comes in.

20180712_112517.jpg

20180712_112254.jpg

20180712_112451.jpg

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello! My name is Nathan. It was about 4 months ago that a random tarantula video came up on my youtube list to watch and I was bored so I watched it. It was a video on the dark den channel and I have to say that it was really interesting to me. I kept watching videos and gaining interest in possibly getting one myself someday. I eventually started watching other channels such as exotics lair, deadly tarantula girl and Tom Moran.

I decided that I just had to get one to see if I would even like owning one myself, so about a month ago I went to a pet store that listed they had tarantulas for sale. They didn't have a whole lot to pick from and most of them were hiding the entire time so I picked the tarantula that was roaming around since the most important thing to me was not getting a pet hole for my first tarantula.

The T I went home with was an aphonopelma anax, at least that is what it was sold to me as. lol
View attachment 31123
View attachment 31124
View attachment 31125
View attachment 31126
I believe I have successfully sexed him as a mature male?
View attachment 31127

Anyway, I have been having fun owning him and I decided that it was something that I really liked so I went back to get me another tarantula. I know that I'm a beginner, but I knew what to expect from this T. I rehoused him with zero issues doing it just like Mr. Petkovic from Dark Den illustrates in his videos working with old worlds. ( not saying my heart wasn't racing the whole time )

It is a heteroscodra maculata. tiny tiny little T. I don't really know how big he/she is but I will guess 2 in maybe? Super super bolty. This T was #2 on my list of most desired T to own, didn't expect to get one so soon. Just couldn't pass getting one once I seen one in person. I will be getting a 3rd one in another week or so, the owner of the shop I got my T's from is going to hold an Avicularia for me when his next shipment comes in.

View attachment 31128

View attachment 31129
View attachment 31130
hi Nathan. a very warm welcome to the group. excellent choice my friend and the people on here are very welcoming and helpful.

Latest posts