• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Heating for slings?

Goshawk

Hello I currently have 2 slings which are in a room which sometimes will get cold, it wouldn’t be a problem if they had a heat mat but I don’t know which ones are suitable!

I have a lasiodora parahybana and a Nhandu coloratovillosus which were both in a heated cabinet at the store I bought them!

I often have a window open in my bedroom which is where I keep these little ones as they recently moulted and I needed to keep an eye on them, and it sometimes gets quite cold to where they’re tubs are cold so I’m looking to get a heating pad but I don’t know what wattage to get! The size of the heat pad doesn’t need to be too big I just need to know what wattage is suitable for slings!

Any help would be great, looking to go buy a heat pad as soon as I get some answers, thanks a lot!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
When you say it gets cold what temp are you going down to? My room gets to low 60sF at night in winter and my Ts do alright.
If you really need a heat mat I'd get the smallest (6"x4"), stick it on the back of a container that you can put the 2 T's containers in so they are not touching the heat mat and always use a thermostat with the heat mat.

Latest posts