• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Heat mats

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Wow...that's highway robbery..I just paid 25 bucks for the 20-30 gallon aquarium one, the second from largest I guess. It was too big for my new ivory head colony so I used my small one from the laterallis, which are getting a bit out of control with the babies, and need to cool down...jesus, I've never seen reproduction like this...anyway, that's just too much..there has to be a better alternative..there was a lady on YouTube, I forget her name, she's kept spiders for 30 years, and she just sets them on heat pads. Human heat pads, cheap ones that nevertheless have better quality control than pet ones. They have a temp dial and everything. There has to be something better than getting robbed...

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Capture.PNG

prices way different here, thats off amazon, btw. What would it cost to ship to you from here?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Kymura It's only $5.89 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to United Kingdom. That is laughable, being able to buy it on the US site so cheaply compared to the UK site.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
34q2.PNG
could you not simply buy off our amazon? saw a couple of them had international rates?
If not we can do it through me if we need to.
also, did you by chance check ebay?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
View attachment 14751 could you not simply buy off our amazon? saw a couple of them had international rates?
If not we can do it through me if we need to.
also, did you by chance check ebay?

Thanks for the offer Kymura. I can buy off Amazon US using my normal log in details, eBay shipping costs are twice as much. I don't need any at the moment as I have quite a few left from my snake breeding days but I have saved the details in case I do need to replace some.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I was thinking the price hike was for customs etc. but evidently not :(

I live in amazon lol being in a remote location the free 2 day shipping saves me a hell of a lot of money. I also get shipping discounts here at the office, so i'd be happy to send some your way @Enn49 if you need them.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I was thinking the price hike was for customs etc. but evidently not :(

I live in amazon lol being in a remote location the free 2 day shipping saves me a hell of a lot of money. I also get shipping discounts here at the office, so i'd be happy to send some your way @Enn49 if you need them.

Thanks Kormath but I'm ok for mats at the moment but I'll certainly look at getting some when mine wear out. At least I know where I can get them cheap now. :)

Latest posts