• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Haven't tried baboon T's.. Any suggestions?

hellknite

3 Year Member
I haven't tried having baboons in my collection.
I was thinking of trying one now.

Any suggestions?
What would be the likely baboon T or should I say
whay would be a good beginner baboon.

I dropped by at the local dealer to check on available baboons.
Here is what they got and offered:

Augacephalus junodi
Augacephalus breyeri
Monocentropis balfouri
Pterinochilus murinus
Pterinochilus lugardi

I know baboons are more aggressive.
But it looks like that I should have some baboons now.

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I would go with M. balfouri from my experience. They are beautiful tarantulas and bit less defensive than the rest of my baboons (although they are still fast and can pack a good bite if startled). I have three juveniles, and all three have constructed underground dens with several entrances, and they usually dart to these when disturbed. They are also prolific webbers, which I also enjoy.

hellknite

3 Year Member
I would go with M. balfouri from my experience. They are beautiful tarantulas and bit less defensive than the rest of my baboons (although they are still fast and can pack a good bite if startled). I have three juveniles, and all three have constructed underground dens with several entrances, and they usually dart to these when disturbed. They are also prolific webbers, which I also enjoy.
I agree with the beauty of a balfouri..
This also caught my attention first..
Do they feed ferociously too?

hellknite

3 Year Member
P murinus definitely for any collection, but take care when in enclosure
P murinus is readily available here. You're right this shouldn't be a miss in majority of collectors. But yes need to take care. Heard many stuff about the murinus.

Nice flashy color. About same as the local species here, Selenobrachys philippinus..

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I agree with the beauty of a balfouri..
This also caught my attention first..
Do they feed ferociously too?

Mine eat great now. As slings, they were a bit picky, however. They seemed to have outgrown their finicky eating habits with age.

Latest posts