• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Have I been spoiled by MorohMarket sellers….

ryanm7277

I have only been keeping tarantulas for a month, literally. First I need to state that I have a severe fear of roaches and bugs in general, but I appreciate spiders cause they control bug populations. Not that I didn’t fear them before, but a necessary evil if you will.

Then about 2 months ago I found myself watching Ants Canada. And that morphed into tarantula videos. Still prior to this, if I saw a bug, and you got to witness the panic attack, this sub 300# 5’10 inch man would go through at the sight of a bug in my house, you would have been brought to tears with laughter at me. So to my disbelief I went about ordering a few to keep as pets.

Sadly, my bf has a crazy fright of them, which to his horror I ignored when ordering them. Luckily he got over it. So to save on shipping and because I’m me(impulsive shopping addiction) my first order of 6 tarantula was placed. 2 T Tliltocatl Albopilosus, 2 Avicularia Avicularia, and 2 Aphonopelma Semani, they are all as you know new world and beginner friendly. I housed them and have been feeding them. When that went well I decided to buy a couple more, ones that I wanted for color as the first several while beautiful not colorful at all. So I got a Brachypelma Klassi, Brachypelma Hamori, Brachypelma Boehmei, Grammostola Pulchripes, Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens, Caribena Versicolor, andLasiodora Parhybana cause got to have one that is gonna be huge. The seller claims they are all females and only time will really tell if that’s the case.

While having these and doing research obsessively on care and husbandry I learned about the Homoeomma Chilensis. The rare and elusive and expensive beginner T of all Ts. As well as several other that I want in addition tho this which hopefully at some point I will get. I placed a third and final order. In lieu of the elusive H. Chilensis I found a Thrixopelma Longicolli(formerly Homoeomma sp Blue 2/Blue Peru), who according to Tom Moran is a great blue alternative to H. Chilensis. I luckily found a female who is 3” and I also got 2 Homoeomma Peruvianum slings and a Thrixopelma Cajamarca sling. Both slings are listed as being .5” and while I can’t fault the seller cause they probably are, I just wasn’t expecting them to be this tiny.

Having said that I can’t fault the seller, not at all. The spiders were packaged well and shipped properly. The seller was very communicative and gave me the best customer service experience and honestly did a great job. Now where I feel I personally messed up is not asking for pictures of the slings themselves.

If I would have and I would have seen the little specs they are, I wouldn’t have purchased them. Can I care for them? Probably will do fine giving them prefilled pinhead crickets. Cut up meal worms. It’s just being a new keeper and having something so small that I could accidentally kill it if I touch it with a paint brush, terrifies me. On the flip side, when I do finally see H. Chilensis slings for sale I will have no problem, nor any thought against buying something that will be small for years. The picture with my thumb is my L Parahybana, the other is of spec 1, H Peruvianum whom I pray will grow faster than a baboon, fingers crossed. Thanks for listening, if you have any suggestions, or wonderful advice for me please feel free to share those kind words. Thanks for listening!!!!

Attachments

• 3F2B5054-7C35-48E2-A9FF-6EC0B3C167D0.jpeg
    3F2B5054-7C35-48E2-A9FF-6EC0B3C167D0.jpeg
    755.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 8DB6E933-02D2-4278-B206-5D270D054DBA.jpeg
    8DB6E933-02D2-4278-B206-5D270D054DBA.jpeg
    902.7 KB · Views: 12

birdonfire

3 Year Member
A lot of the most reputable sellers have online stores and Morph Market doesn't need to used to purchase from them. I only have one experience buying from a seller on Morph Market. One scorpion arrived dead and the other died from nematodes within 2 weeks. It was my worst ever experience buying inverts.

ryanm7277

A lot of the most reputable sellers have online stores and Morph Market doesn't need to used to purchase from them. I only have one experience buying from a seller on Morph Market. One scorpion arrived dead and the other died from nematodes within 2 weeks. It was my worst ever experience buying inverts.
Ugghhhh that must have sucked

Latest posts