• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hanging Food

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My avic avic has been doing this the last couple times i fed her. She hangs her food sometimes she eats it sometimes she lets it hang. such a priss. lol
Pembe hanging her food.jpg

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
yup. its almost like she knows she is gonna get more or something. the rest of my spiders eat like it is going to be their last meal. like i imagine ones in the wild act not knowing when they r going to eat again. i dont know...sometimes i think they know what is going on. ....lmao maybe im just spending too much time with them

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well, as no one really knows for sure I am going to assume they get to the point that they know foods coming,
My avic is a calm sweetheart with me always , but a total spaz if anyone else opens her enclosure, so they may not know us per say or even like us, but I do believe they get accustomed to us and relax a bit.

(other then my tiny P cambridgei sling who threat poses me constantly)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well, as no one really knows for sure I am going to assume they get to the point that they know foods coming,
My avic is a calm sweetheart with me always , but a total spaz if anyone else opens her enclosure, so they may not know us per say or even like us, but I do believe they get accustomed to us and relax a bit.

(other then my tiny P cambridgei sling who threat poses me constantly)
I agree. They can somehow sense us.

I tried opening my son's GBB lid without thinking to water it tonight and it totally freaked out. So i set it on the desk across the room and watered the rest. Called my son in and he picked up the GBB enclosure opened the lid, spoke to it, petted it's abdomen a couple times then watered it for me. It's been doing this for the last 6 or 8 months or so. I've held him before though, but only if my son takes him out of the cage and lets him crawl from his hand to mine. I can only hold him for a short time before he starts getting antsy, then we let him crawl back on my son's hand and he's fine, just sits there calm as can be. Last time my son did maintenance in the enclosure the GBB sat on the back of his hand the whole time, just waiting for him to be done it seemed like, then crawled back in the cage when he was done and started repairing the damaged web.

All the other spiders (since the last molt anyway) behave the same now to both of us.

Latest posts