• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hamster Tube?

Pompchin

I'm wanting to recommend my Curly Hair to give him more space. My boy is very very nervous of human activity, so I want to make this as least stressful for him as possible. I'm considering adapting the cardboard and cup method- instead of a cup there would be an opening to a hamster tube. The other end of the tube would be connected to the new enclosure. Has anyone tried a "bridge" method like this before? Any tips?

Teresaisrad

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I had not used this method before but it could be an ok idea. To me it seems like more effort than it's worth. Catch cups are quick, easy, and efficient.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm considering adapting the cardboard and cup method- instead of a cup there would be an opening to a hamster tube. The other end of the tube would be connected to the new enclosure.

I may be missing something here, but would this not involve more stress as you first need to encourage your T into the tube & then make it move all the way through a long tube.

I have no particular method. I use what ever method seems the most stress free for that particular T. Sometimes I just transfer the T via my hand, some times I move the bark it's on, sometimes I use a catch cup, sometimes I remove as much as I can from the old enclosure & then just encourage the T to walk from one enclosure to the other.

Latest posts