• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

H. maculata/S. calceatum Enclosures!

LeahThomas

3 Year Member
I'm thinking about getting an adult female H. mac pretty soon, and am expecting some S. cal slings to be coming in the mail next week. I know how to set up their enclosures, what they need, etc... But I'm wondering if any of you have some pics of your H. mac or S. cal enclosures you'd like to share, as I'm trying to get some inspiration for enclosures that are nice to look at as well as functional. Thanks!

trailblazin02

3 Year Member
I made it from a 2.5 gal aquarium. Made my own conversion door from plexiglass. The background is great stuff foam covered in silicone and eco earth. And made a tube hide from oak bark off a tree.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
How hot does the set up have to be for the H.Mac and how do I get it and keep it that steady temperature?
Do you have either species? If you are a beginner the species mentioned are the worst to start with, as far as heating for any tarantula, a space heater is the safest option. (Or central heating)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
These are mine. My S.calc was in the left (sadly no longer with me) and the H.mac on the right. The H.mac has web covered in substrate filling the gap between the wood and glass on the right side from top to bottom.

DSCF7520.JPG

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
This type of enclosure with a port and high visibility would probably work for potentially aggressive species.

The feeding port with a cork would minimize escapes, attacks etc. I'm not sure what I'm gonna put into that one yet. It started life as a Jamie's juvenile arboreal enclosure.

Drat same size 1.jpg

Latest posts