• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Greetings from Cali!

S.M.Sunshine

Hello! Newbie here. I'm a college student in middle-of-nowhere California. I've previously had a T. Albopilosus, and currently have an avicularia avicularia. Interestingly enough, my other hobby is growing carnivorous plants, which isn't necessarily conducive to keeping spiders

Growing up, I wanted to be an entomologist so I suppose my current interest is an extension of that. Anyways, advice, words of encouragement, and questions are welcome! Thanks for having me
PXL_20230312_211621414.jpg

Reptisect

3 Year Member
Hello! Newbie here. I'm a college student in middle-of-nowhere California. I've previously had a T. Albopilosus, and currently have an avicularia avicularia. Interestingly enough, my other hobby is growing carnivorous plants, which isn't necessarily conducive to keeping spiders

Growing up, I wanted to be an entomologist so I suppose my current interest is an extension of that. Anyways, advice, words of encouragement, and questions are welcome! Thanks for having meView attachment 70293
Hello and welcome! I also have a fascination with carnivorous plants but unfortunately I've only been able to grow aquatic utricularia

Reptisect

3 Year Member
Oh, lovely! Any particular species? I have mostly sarracenia because I can keep them outdoors. Have a bunch of common sundews and nepenthes too
I believe they were U. vulgaris but I'm not sure since I got them from a fishing lake. We also have some native sundews growing a different part of the country. I'm also looking to get some cephalotus soon because they are my personal favorite

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello & welcome to the forum.

Nice place California, it's around an hour's drive from me. And named after the US state. Apparently during the US gold rush they found some gold coins on the beach here, so called it California.

article-2603721-1A3AC9EE00000578-518_634x413.jpg

Latest posts