• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Grandpa here

Mr. P

3 Year Member
A little background, my nine year old granddaughter begged me for six months to get her a T so after clearing it with my son I got her a 3"+ B. hamorii for Christmas. Needless to say that after getting it she didn't want it so instead of getting rid of it I decided to keep it myself. I must admit that they are pretty interesting and I have done a ton of reading online, books and this forum. This will be my first at 52 years old and to think that this thing may out live me.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi and welcome Mr. P :). I'm glad you decided to keep the T and you know, your granddaughter may get her interest back in time.

TheVez2

3 Year Member
Congrats Mr. P! Great species. Could be all for the best, she can enjoy it when she comes to visit you.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome Mr. P. I got into Ts at age 51. Now I have 13 of them—be careful—they are addicting.

Mr. P

3 Year Member
Thanks all, I have learned so much about them over the last month and I am pretty facsinated with them. I don't think I would ever have 90 but i could see myself with a couple more over the years. I have a good feeder store about ten minutes up the road so that helps out and the wife thinks they are pretty cool so that is a plus also.

Bob63

3 Year Member
hey I'm 55 and my son bought me one last year and now addicted to it:T: welcome to the forum