• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Grammostola pulchripes

Dar65

Hi all,
I was getting ready to put my Grammostola pulchripes in a smaller enclosure and he /she has closed up shop. There is a small log type thing that ( Im just going to call it a boy).
He has claimed and there is a big pile of dirt blocking the opening..wow and one side is webbed up..I opened to check on him and change his water.
I guess best course is to leave him alone? Thank you

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yup just wait it out. As was said, most likely has to do with molting. But your tarantula could be days or weeks away from the actual molt. And he may stay in there longer, after the molt. And sorry if i am stating the obvious, but wait a bit to feed the T if it has molted to give its fangs time to harden. Wait to see when they get black if you can.

And you seem to have a handle on the water thing, that is good.

Dar65

Yup just wait it out. As was said, most likely has to do with molting. But your tarantula could be days or weeks away from the actual molt. And he may stay in there longer, after the molt. And sorry if i am stating the obvious, but wait a bit to feed the T if it has molted to give its fangs time to harden. Wait to see when they get black if you can.

And you seem to have a handle on the water thing, that is good.
Thank you

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Leave as is, and wait 2 weeks after a molt to rehouse. I usually wait for a first feeding in the new home if I rehouse after a molt.

Latest posts