• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Grammostola pulchra Female or male

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi was wondering if anyone can help me sex my grammostola pulchra it was purchased as a female but you never no its 2.5" before it molt it molt yesterday I soaked the molt in warm soap water tried my best with the picView attachment 59106

I see a flap. That looks very female to me.

plessey

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It's wet so wouldn't it make the spermatheca lighter in color?
No it won't change the colour but if the spermathecae and uterus externus are still transparent it makes it a bit harder to pick out in a photo. However, looking at it zoomed in, I still cant see anything that resembles the typical shape and size of pulchra spermathecae. Also there is no lower alcove (bursa copulatrix) below the furrow line which would be present if it was female.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
No it won't change the colour but if the spermathecae and uterus externus are still transparent it makes it a bit harder to pick out in a photo. However, looking at it zoomed in, I still cant see anything that resembles the typical shape and size of pulchra spermathecae. Also there is no lower alcove (bursa copulatrix) below the furrow line which would be present if it was female.

Yeah, I see that now that you mention it. ....

Latest posts