• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Grammostola porteri/rosea Behavior

etta

3 Year Member
For the last week or so, my Grammostola porteri has been digging and moving substrate all over her enclosure. I've looked in other forums and I've seen that it might just be her "OCD way of housekeeping". After she moves some substrate for a while, she starts to web over it. I think she might molt in a while because her abdomen is starting to show some signs. However, she is very energetic. She's been dormant during the night and crawling all over during the day (she's being doing this all day.) Currently, she's very focused on getting inbetween her hide and the glass, it looks like she might be trying to drag more substrate out and over towards her pile. I know that roseas' behaviors can be unpredictable, so I'm not concerned or anything, I was just wondering what she might be up to and if anyone has any ideas. :) Also just to share.

(I haven't used these forums in quite a while so if I'm posting the the wrong section or something's a little off, I apologize. (-: )

IMG_1236.JPG
IMG_1239.JPG
IMG_1240.JPG
IMG_1241.JPG
IMG_1242.JPG

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
how long's it been since you fed her last? Looks to me like she's doing what rosea do :)