• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Got the go-ahead!! :)

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Finally wore my wife down into letting me get 2 more tarantulas!! I'm stoked. been shopping. I likem big! so i think im going with a Grammostola pulchripes and a Lasiodora parahybana. What do u guys think of these 2? and anything i should know about them that u can think of would be much appreciated. :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Well done on talking her round. I've no experience of G. pulchripes but LPs are a great choice. Easy to keep, eat like pigs and grow at an amazing rate. Try to avoid LPs hairs though they are supposed to be the most painful.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Entity . Here's my LP eating a large locust
image.jpeg

timc

3 Year Member
My LP who's still very young is not a hair kicker but is a total spazz. Every time I open his container he's doing laps and doubling back again. But like Enn said he's a pig and also a bulldozer, constantly moving his substrate around. Great spider

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Entity Thanks , I'm a little quirky and while I adore my little B albo (cutest thing ever) she looks like what I imagine zombie flesh would look like lol

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lps are awesome. Just remember, most are skittish, mine has been down right defensive lately, but I believe she's nearing a molt, and she just slapped at me, like she did the male I tried to pair with her..the male is a big gentle baby. The big ones can surprise you with how fast they can move if you startle them, but they're a great species to own. Very impressive spiders, and they don't hide when they get big. The pulchripes..I have one juvie, suspect male, that's a complete psycho. I've heard people say theirs were very docile. Mine is not, hopefully that will change as he gets older. He's actually attempted to bite me a few times, no hair kicking or warning, just a charge and grab..it's not feeding instinct either, I recognize that when I see it. I've bumped into a few people who have one like mine. Beautiful spider though, and the fact that I got a psycho one doesn't bother me:)

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My LP who's still very young is not a hair kicker but is a total spazz. Every time I open his container he's doing laps and doubling back again. But like Enn said he's a pig and also a bulldozer, constantly moving his substrate around. Great spider
Mine's the same (still a sling). Jumps around like a jumping spider. He seems to become more skittish with each molt.

Latest posts