• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Got my G. Pulchripes spiderling, some questions

KlausNomi

3 Year Member
So I let my baby hang out on my hand again. I noticed that she kept on walking around and raising her butt while leaving a trail of webbing... Moments later her butt spewed out this white stuff that looked like tiny cylinders. Is that... poop??

And is there a negative effect on letting her stay on my palm frequently? Like will it stress her out? Or is this activity good for her?

Attachments

• P_20160420_094937.jpg
    P_20160420_094937.jpg
    897.9 KB · Views: 41
  • P_20160420_094946.jpg
    P_20160420_094946.jpg
    939.5 KB · Views: 45

MiaWolf42

3 Year Member
So I let my baby hang out on my hand again. I noticed that she kept on walking around and raising her butt while leaving a trail of webbing... Moments later her butt spewed out this white stuff that looked like tiny cylinders. Is that... poop??

And is there a negative effect on letting her stay on my palm frequently? Like will it stress her out? Or is this activity good for her?

When I first got my tarantula back in 1998, I used to hold her all the time. Had a carrying case for her. Took her photo with me in a booth at an arcade I used to manage. She has moved across States with me. I still have her. The handling never bothered her. I still have the photo of us, it's my profile pic, I hang it on her tank. She still comes out and walks on me when I clean her tank.

Yes, that looks like poop.

(Good night) Too sleepy to type.

KlausNomi

3 Year Member
When I first got my tarantula back in 1998, I used to hold her all the time. Had a carrying case for her. Took her photo with me in a booth at an arcade I used to manage. She has moved across States with me. I still have her. The handling never bothered her. I still have the photo of us, it's my profile pic, I hang it on her tank. She still comes out and walks on me when I clean her tank.

Yes, that looks like poop.

(Good night) Too sleepy to type.

Awwwww that's so sweet. :)

Good night :D

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Holding them does nothing for the spider. They may enjoy the warmth from your palm but that's it.

It's all what you prefer to do, it's your spider;)

I enjoy holding my little ones. I'm still a bit nervous about holding the larger ones so I don't do it simply to keep them safe, like if I flinch and drop one.

KlausNomi

3 Year Member
Well, somebody is molting quickly. Her last molt was around April 8.

Is it possible to determine the gender now?

Attachments

• DSC_0007sds.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 23

KlausNomi

3 Year Member
I woke up this morning to find my sling missing from her enclosure. Any ideas on where runaway tarantulas go off to hide? Checked every space near her enclosure, can't find her.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Only one I lost went to the floor and cuddled up in the angle between the carpet and the shelving unit.

My guess would be neat by hiding under something, or tucked away in a corner

KlausNomi

3 Year Member
Finally found her after searching high and low. From the highest crack on the wall to the lowest sliver of space I could peek in. Turns out she's just on the third level of the drawer where her enclosure sits. Lesson learned, never underestimate their ability to squeeze through small spaces.

Attachments

• hjjh.jpg
    hjjh.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 30