• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Got a new tarantula! (B. albo)

WiseWarrior

3 Year Member
I've had a G. rosea, Yoshi, for almost eight years. I got her when she was around three or so, so she's almost eleven now. Today I picked up my second tarantula, Sophie, who is a B. albo. She was a lot more expensive than a normal Curly Hair due to being female, but very well worth it; I'm sure we'll have many happy years together. :) She's around 2", and I'm guessing a year or so old. (I made today her official 1st birthday regardless xD!) Anyway, here's a photo:

c7lt.jpg

WiseWarrior

3 Year Member
Thank you! The log was too big for her so I decided to fill up the bottom with the substrate so it wouldn't seem too big for her. I woke up to her having tunneled out a bunch of dirt from inside the log. The problem was that all the dirt she tunneled out was completely blocking the entrance to the log, so she couldn't get out, since the other side of the log was against the glass. I freaked out a little, and removed the dirt blocking the entrance. Apparently she wanted a big log after all. :p So much for an "adjustment" period for her new home. She's already a master digger. ^_^ (Minus the fact that she completely trapped herself in the log...)

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Thank you! The log was too big for her so I decided to fill up the bottom with the substrate so it wouldn't seem too big for her. I woke up to her having tunneled out a bunch of dirt from inside the log. The problem was that all the dirt she tunneled out was completely blocking the entrance to the log, so she couldn't get out, since the other side of the log was against the glass. I freaked out a little, and removed the dirt blocking the entrance. Apparently she wanted a big log after all. :p So much for an "adjustment" period for her new home. She's already a master digger. ^_^ (Minus the fact that she completely trapped herself in the log...)
That is too funny, my LP sling makes tunnels all over the place, she doesn't even use her half log, she would rather be under the dirt lol :D

WiseWarrior

3 Year Member
The log was at an angle because she removed some of the dirt under the back portion of it. Because of this, she was able to stick her head under the log. I could see a couple legs on one side of the cage, and I could see more of her by looking in the log on the other side. Today she came out of the log though; that was nice. And went right back in. :p

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
That is too cute, mine makes these little trap door hold with thin silk on top and every once in a while I see them poke their heads out and go back in again, its the funniest thing!

Andrevdw

3 Year Member
I have a gravid B Albo.. Mated her about 3 months ago.. Any Ideas on when she might drop? She is very fat.. round almost like a golf ball..

Latest posts