• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Good idea?

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Agreed :) Old country is the only country music I'll listen too. All the new stuff seems unappealing to me. Anyway, my dad met Waylon long before he was famous, playing in a small honkeytonk, and was a fan the rest of his life :)
That is so cool....my ex husband's grandparents were in a pic with Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn and Alan Jackson.....they still have the picture hanging in their house. Loretta Lynn....now THAT'S old school, lol....she killed it with "Coal Miners Daughter".

Redacted

3 Year Member
Yeah I saw that. I remember her from the Grand Old Oprey. I used to watch it all the time as a kid, back when I still watched tv :) 82 years old though, thats not a bad age to kick the bucket.
Quality of life! Fortunately, a long one. Sorry for her heartaches and grateful for her.

Telson

3 Year Member
That is so cool....my ex husband's grandparents were in a pic with Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn and Alan Jackson.....they still have the picture hanging in their house. Loretta Lynn....now THAT'S old school, lol....she killed it with "Coal Miners Daughter".
She did indeed. And that would be a very cool picture to have..I was never a fan of Dolly but she always seemed like she would be interesting to talk to, with no cameras watching.

Redacted

3 Year Member
She did indeed. And that would be a very cool picture to have..I was never a fan of Dolly but she always seemed like she would be interesting to talk to, with no cameras watching.
20+ yrs ago I saw both Dolly Parton and Tom T. Hall. I'd've really liked to have seen George Jones.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
missed this one somehow :)

Name's Tracy, I'm 42 and a single father of one. My son just turned 17 and it's all his fault i'm here :D he got me hooked on this hobby almost a year ago. Can't believe it's been that long. Got my first T the beginning of December last year, my son already had 2, now we have 24ish. I'll have to recount after the recent losses :confused:

I'm a geek :D been building/fixing/working with computers since i was a kid, owned all the gaming systems from the Atari 2600 and Intellivision up to the Xbox 1 (skipped the PS4 and Wiiu on purpose). First computer was a Comodore 64 that my parent's gave to my cousins, then a Leading Edge "IBM Compatible" (everything was IBM compatible or Apple back then). That got me hooked on gaming. I keep telling my parent's it's all their fault ;)

Computers are my main hobby. I got my BS in IT support and networking so now i get paid to do my hobby :D I work for an engineering consulting firm in IT, and starting next week i'll be bouncing all around country installing new phone systems in some of our offices.

Other hobbies - T's (of course), hunting, fishing, shooting, golfing, off roading, camping, survival - not like man vs wild, just a weekend camping trip but we only take bare necessities and use whatever we can find for food and shelter, etc. - and to top off the list, cross stitching and reading. It's how i relax at night and put the brain in standby so i can sleep ;)

Dratznkg

3 Year Member
@kormath - Nice to meet you buddy. I can definitely understand the allure of this hobby. I know it captivated me instantly. Im happy for you that you make a living off of your passion, it gives me hope that one day i may do the same. I wouldn't consider myself a savant when it comes to computers but i can be pretty tech savvy. I love to camp and have always wanted to see how i fare on a week long survival trip, my cousin lives in Ga. And he frequently goes on "man vs. Wild " trips. As a kid i would visit them and when would make it our goal to catch, observe, and release all the native wildlife we could come across, and the huge wolf spiders and scorpions were some of my favorites.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Latest posts