• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Golden Knee first web

jay-jay

Hi I've got a golden knee tarantula - possibly 6 months old. He is very active and moves the substrate around a lot and eats 3 times a week. Today I checked him and noticed some long light webbing around the wall near his water container.. its the first time I've ever seen any web. Also I noticed he is starting to leave spots here and there on the walls ,possibly toilet.
Just wondering if this is normal for a 6 month Grammostola pulchripes . Googled a bit and no one really talks about webbing etc..

Clintaceous D

No expert here, but from what I've read tarantulas can behave very differently from specimen to specimen. They even change behaviour from molt to molt, and I'd imagine environment plays a role too.

Assuming its eating and molting well, and you have given it the opportunity to hide/burrow, I wouldn't worry too much. I have my 1/2" G. pulchripes in a 2.25x2.25x4" container and poked a hole under some corkbark for her to start a burrow. She wasted no time making her home there, and has burrowed down 1/3 of the way down the container. Perhaps yours just needs more dirt and a started burrow to exhibit normal behaviour?

jay-jay

Could also be trip wires. Mine has them laid at the entrance of her burrow so she can sense any food I place in the container.
thanks for the reply. yes he is still slowly active.. maybe his mood is changing as the weather gets cooler. strangely he had taken down his web this morning..gone.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
How big is your tarantula? A picture of it in its enclosure might help.

Latest posts