• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Glued to the glass

Ed Zeppelin

3 Year Member
For the past couple of months I've had a female juvenile Pink Toe (avic. avic.). She lives in a 10-gallon vivarium with cushy substrate, trees, rocks, foliage, etc. to climb on and generally keep her occupied. She likes crickets and an occasional superworm, so her appetite is okay.

Maybe it's no big shakes but she spends the majority of her time stuck to the glass. I don't know if it's only a matter of her liking to look out the "window" or just yearning to be free. Is this unusual? Anyone else experience this with their T's? This is my first one so I don't have anything to base this on. Thanx.

:T:

Sent from my Commodore 64 running Windoze 95

Last edited:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My P.metallica is exactly the same, she spends almost all her time on the glass right in the front corner and has for the last couple of years. The odd thing is she is very close to the living room doorway and has constant traffic passing her from humans, cats and the dog but never flinches.

Ed Zeppelin

3 Year Member
My P.metallica is exactly the same, she spends almost all her time on the glass right in the front corner and has for the last couple of years. The odd thing is she is very close to the living room doorway and has constant traffic passing her from humans, cats and the dog but never flinches.
Yeah, same here. Mine's near the front door too. No pets but people sometimes walk by but that never seems to bother her.

Ed Zeppelin

3 Year Member
Heat??? Maybe the glass is slightly warmer. In my living room I have a few Ts by my 60" TV. When I watch TV at night they all go to the corner of the glass closest to the TV.

Hadn't thought of that. Checked my TV and it's a good 7-8 feet away. The opposite glass has one of those scenic cling wraps so maybe she just likes looking out the clear side just to see what's going on (yeah, right). :rolleyes: