• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Gbb question

Ej87

Is it normal for a juvenile gbb to hang out at the top of her enclosure all the time? It seems like every time I check on her she's on the wall in the top corner of the enclosure

MBullock

3 Year Member
commonly happens when structures for anchor points arent provided. that and the sub may be too moist. contrary to what people commonly believe they are neither arboreal nor semi-arboreal and are fossorial desert dune endemics that burrow in hummocks or under low-growing bushes, utilizing the lower branches as anchor-points similarly to agelenidae, complete with 'trip-lines' to knick flying insects into the web

Ej87

The sub is bone dry and I thought I had enough anchor points for her
20210515_124848.jpg

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
it looks like freshly setup enclosure.
If thats the case give it time to settle.
Also they gravitate towards the higher ground as youngsters but settle lower as they mature.
On the other side that looks like arboreal enclosure that offers some fall risks and less sase for her to settle lower.Think about something more terrestrial(more floor space compared to height)as an upgrade when she puts more size.
Regards Konstantin

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It looks good. I would spray the ground a little. Bone dry is not the best. Spray a little and see what happens. :)

Latest posts