• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

GBB ESCAPED

aragog27_tj

3 Year Member
whelp bad news this morning I'm trying to adjust her cage cuz I thought it was too crowded, she got out and ran away and ended up behind the stove now she's gone I can't find her she ended up behind a crevice behind the dishwasher and I gave up trying to retrieve her

aragog27_tj

3 Year Member
Oh no, hopefully she will reappear at some point.
Im sure praying she does i would be extremely sad if she died! she is so crafty idk how she escaped and then i saw her put something over her to catch her and i lift the container up and she wasnt there like geez im upset and sad at the same time

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ennie has recommended using a blow dryer on cool setting and blowing back there. Often, if your GBB is present, the blowing air will anger it and it may come running.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Yeah definitely don't call it quits. Personally never had one get away from me, some close calls but always got lucky enough to get it back safely, but I've heard of others having escapees out for awhile and were still able to retrieve it after some time. I'd keep the light out in there as well and enter the room with a flash light at night and in the morning in case it dose come out, you won't startle it as easily with turning the lights on.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Just make sure the drier is on the cool setting. Ts don't like being blown on and will usually run

Beaker41

3 Year Member
I caught an escaped t in my bathroom once, I assume because of the humidity, so you might try running a hot shower then leaving the door open if your bathroom is anywhere reasonably close to your kitchen.

aragog27_tj

3 Year Member
I caught an escaped t in my bathroom once, I assume because of the humidity, so you might try running a hot shower then leaving the door open if your bathroom is anywhere reasonably close to your kitchen.
This is a dessert animal I really didn't keep it in high humidity just a small water dish and I lightly misted her once a week for low humidity but i will make sure to check everywhere and I will dry the blow dryer method

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Set up a heat source, just under 90 degrees with a dim light pointed at it.

Slowly cool the area to about 60 degrees.

The tarantula will show up where it's warm and can be recaptured if you're lucky in my opinion.

They move to heat.

Eukio

3 Year Member
It might be a while before you are able to capture it. A cat knocked the lid off of one of my enclosures when I was taking a nap, and she climbed out. Three weeks later, she came crawling out of my reclining chair. o_O

Latest posts