• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

G. Rosea Molt

Ian Spackman

3 Year Member
My G. Rosea just began her molt, but this time she is doing it within her hide (One of those half logs that you find at every pet store) and I'm worried she won't have enough room within the hide. She has some space, but not excessively. Should I just leave her be or attempt to pull the log away. I figured I would just wait and see, but I thought I would ask the forums. I attached a photo for reference.

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• WP_20150317_22_00_59_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150317_22_00_59_Pro.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 19

Ghost

3 Year Member
That's enough room for her to molt just leave her to it and don't move anything the worst thing you can do when a T is molting is to interfere with the process it could end up being fatal for the T...

LindaADK

3 Year Member
My Rosie is molting too, my first tarantula and my first time witnessing a molt. She has a large half log too and I removed it. She was not too upset by it and seems to be coming along. I can see that her legs have become very thin and the carapace is loose. Her legs are slowly moving and she seems to be pushing off her old skin. I am taking photos as she goes along.

Attachments

• rosieresting.jpg
    rosieresting.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 9