• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

G.pulchra slings

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
Ive noticed that quite afew people on here are interested in owning a g.pulchra. I have been looking at getting a new T (female b.smithi, as i recently sexed mine as a male so i will be looking to breed him when hes mature), anyway i checked out my usual site that ive bought all mine from and they have some g.pulchra slings back on their site (i got my g.pulchra from these too). Anyone who is interested should have a look as im sure they will sell quite fast. Ive posted some screenshots of the pages, the website is www.thespidershop.co.uk
9f85b30cafad0e70c2ccd90264ed589a.jpg
dabc8ec8b72df90633798b3336c97d7a.jpg

They will ship outside of the uk aswel, i dont know how much postage is though to a different country but you can change your country destination at the checkout.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ive noticed that quite afew people on here are interested in owning a g.pulchra. I have been looking at getting a new T (female b.smithi, as i recently sexed mine as a male so i will be looking to breed him when hes mature), anyway i checked out my usual site that ive bought all mine from and they have some g.pulchra slings back on their site (i got my g.pulchra from these too). Anyone who is interested should have a look as im sure they will sell quite fast. Ive posted some screenshots of the pages, the website is www.thespidershop.co.uk
9f85b30cafad0e70c2ccd90264ed589a.jpg
dabc8ec8b72df90633798b3336c97d7a.jpg

They will ship outside of the uk aswel, i dont know how much postage is though to a different country but you can change your country destination at the checkout.
There is also a shop in Birmingham who advertises on preloved the has them about the size of a 1p piece (slightly bigger than the second option you postrd) but I think they are asking 27. I know a guy in Liverpool hoping for 2 egg sacs soon too. He has offered to put a load my way as I have loaned him another T for breeding.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
How much is a sling in the states?
I think from memory they are about €40. I had asked a similar question as our side of the pond is cheaper and generally have a better variety due to more interest here in the UK and closer to an even bigger industry in EU.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@kormath Their packing is superb, a polystyrene box inside a cardboard box with a heat pad. Email them and ask about the time they'd take.

A good chance to get a few Ts cheap and just pay one shipping charge.

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not just shipping charges, but export fees as well. Bypassing customs is illegal, it is called "brown boxing". Several hobbiests have been caught over the las few years and brought very negative attention on the hobby.
Make sure you follow customs procedures and apply for the proper export/import permits if you order from out of the country.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not just shipping charges, but export fees as well. Bypassing customs is illegal, it is called "brown boxing". Several hobbiests have been caught over the las few years and brought very negative attention on the hobby.
Make sure you follow customs procedures and apply for the proper export/import permits if you order from out of the country.
They have a wonderful selection and prices, but sort of figured if it sounds to good to be true it probably is,
Not to mention thats a long distance, I have all eight of my legs crossed for lots of springtime baby pulchras :p

micheldied

3 Year Member
wow, so the sling there is $23.33 US, same roughly for shipping. Wonder what the travel time from Poland to here is like? If they will survive the shipping $69 and change for 2 - 4cm slings is a hell of a deal.

I'm sure they'll survive fine if packed well. I've had slings in the mail for 3 days in cold weather. However, like Scoolman said, it may not be worth the risk.

For some reason I only hear of G. pulchra being rare in the US. They're not selling fast at all here in Canada, and they seem to be pretty available in Europe and the UK.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm sure they'll survive fine if packed well. I've had slings in the mail for 3 days in cold weather. However, like Scoolman said, it may not be worth the risk.

For some reason I only hear of G. pulchra being rare in the US. They're not selling fast at all here in Canada, and they seem to be pretty available in Europe and the UK.
We just need more folks to realize they are absolutely GORGEOUS and get them to talk to Schoolman about successfully breeding them dang it :p

Last edited:

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah i think i'll pass on ordering them from Poland. I've had a sling in the mail for 6 days that is doing very well, so i'm not really concerned on the shipping time, especially if they package them as well as @Enn49 says.

It's the hassle of getting them into the US from outside. You have to pick a designated shipping port, and the closest ones to me are either Portland or Seattle. then there's a half dozen forms or so to fill out and additional fees for those, so it's not going to be nearly as cheap as i thought. Plus if you order through one of the smaller ports like Portland it may take longer for inspection as they don't typically deal with Ts like the major ports of LA or NYC, etc. So i could choose one of those but then you have to contact the wildlife inspector and let them know it's a personal shipment and not commercial. And they're grumpy and mark it as commercial it's another $100 for a license to receive the shipment.

See what i mean? way to much hassle for 2 slings.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yeah i think i'll pass on ordering them from Poland. I've had a sling in the mail for 6 days that is doing very well, so i'm not really concerned on the shipping time, especially if they package them as well as @Enn49 says.

It's the hassle of getting them into the US from outside. You have to pick a designated shipping port, and the closest ones to me are either Portland or Seattle. then there's a half dozen forms or so to fill out and additional fees for those, so it's not going to be nearly as cheap as i thought. Plus if you order through one of the smaller ports like Portland it may take longer for inspection as they don't typically deal with Ts like the major ports of LA or NYC, etc. So i could choose one of those but then you have to contact the wildlife inspector and let them know it's a personal shipment and not commercial. And they're grumpy and mark it as commercial it's another $100 for a license to receive the shipment.

See what i mean? way to much hassle for 2 slings.

I didn't realise that it was so much of a hassle to import them into the states. I shall have to stop taunting you all with the cheap prices in Europe, I feel guilty now :(.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I didn't realise that it was so much of a hassle to import them into the states. I shall have to stop taunting you all with the cheap prices in Europe, I feel guilty now :(.
No don't be silly, doesnt mean we cant be happy for you !