• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fungus gnats

Joelle

No...dont put it in with your tarantulas. It's glass. It sounded like you had house plants. It's not poison...its glass so it cuts up the gnats trying to get to the moist soil. It destroys their reproductive parts. For Your enclosures just dry out and move your water dishes to a dry spot and dont over fill your dishes for a while.
Do you know if this does anything to help stop phorid flies reproducing?

Joelle

Are fungus gnats harmful to tarantulas? We recently had a fight with them in our house plants and I assume some may have found their way into my ts substrate. Should I worry?
Just be sure they’re actually fungus gnats and not phorid flies, they look very much alike to an untrained eye- and phorid flies can be deadly to tarantulas

Hemolymph

3 Year Member
Hydroponic shops. It may be that company isn’t around anymore but the same type of product has been around for ever. Glass dressing to kill gnats in hydroponic gardening is pretty popular. You won’t find it at a Home Depot or on line.

T Freak

How does having isopods and springtails in the t enclosures fare against the fungus gnats? Do they help at all? I read somewhere the isopods can/will compete with them for food?

Latest posts