• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Food

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just watched Bear Gryllis bite a little snakes head off, and swallow the body. I could stomach that kind of meal, if I got hungry enough. Hold your breath and wash it down. I see racoons, possum, armadillo, skunks, and domestic cats eat inverts all the time. Im convinced stray cats stay alive on them, and the occasional lizard or bird. I was just sitting here thinking I could actually keep myself alive off the local fauna. Easily with a firearm, which I have in great variety.. All kinds of small animals and large inverts live here. Both cottontail and jacks are in my yard every day. Water is more critical, of course, but I know several natural sources in the area. Two lakes, three rivers, all with fish in them. I was just thinking about a what if scenario. All it would take is a power grid down scenario for a month or so to put us firmly in the "food chain and natural order" again. Anyone else considered their territory and circumstances like this, or thought about it at all? I started this line of thought watching Bear, thinking, if I was starving, I would have no problem eating my dubia, superworms, and tarantulas. Or the three horses. And maybe a neighbor BUT ONLY IN EXTREME CIRCUMSTANCES:D

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I just watched Bear Gryllis bite a little snakes head off, and swallow the body. I could stomach that kind of meal, if I got hungry enough. Hold your breath and wash it down. I see racoons, possum, armadillo, skunks, and domestic cats eat inverts all the time. Im convinced stray cats stay alive on them, and the occasional lizard or bird. I was just sitting here thinking I could actually keep myself alive off the local fauna. Easily with a firearm, which I have in great variety.. All kinds of small animals and large inverts live here. Both cottontail and jacks are in my yard every day. Water is more critical, of course, but I know several natural sources in the area. Two lakes, three rivers, all with fish in them. I was just thinking about a what if scenario. All it would take is a power grid down scenario for a month or so to put us firmly in the "food chain and natural order" again. Anyone else considered their territory and circumstances like this, or thought about it at all? I started this line of thought watching Bear, thinking, if I was starving, I would have no problem eating my dubia, superworms, and tarantulas. Or the three horses. And maybe a neighbor BUT ONLY IN EXTREME CIRCUMSTANCES:D
I'm glad I'm not your neighbor....:D

Tnoob

I'm pretty well traveled around the U.S.. I've eaten rattlesnake and a few other odd things too. I tried to make friends with a possum, don't know why you want to eat one, I've made jerky from fresh caught fish, and I've even raised pigs for food, and help my old boss tag, and vaccinate her cattle. Besides, the AR platform is great for hunting varmint. Say hello to a custom built AR.
20190602_163455.jpg

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I could eat superworms if I had to.

@MassExodus why would you need to eat a neighbor when you have restaurants like las palapas and Bill Miller's in your area.
Lmao. I prefer Plaza Tapatio or Chili Banderas, but I'm just saying. If things got bad...slow roasted over an open fire, that neighbor meat would fall right off the bone..

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm pretty well traveled around the U.S.. I've eaten rattlesnake and a few other odd things too. I tried to make friends with a possum, don't know why you want to eat one, I've made jerky from fresh caught fish, and I've even raised pigs for food, and help my old boss tag, and vaccinate her cattle. Besides, the AR platform is great for hunting varmint. Say hello to a custom built AR.View attachment 38619
Nice. I like that charging handle. Ive been adding to my collection lately, I should start a gun thread.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I need to go to san antonio again, food is amazing, as well as the music.
I'm not big on cities, but San Antonio is still alright in my book. I met a very lovely lady on the riverwalk years ago, downtown isnt like LA, Frisco or NYC(filthy), lots of great TexMex food, and dark haired, dark eyed beauties abound. I can tolerate Tejano music, but there's actually some fantastic punk, rock and alt rock bands between there and Austin. The music scene is always busy in Texas. Fantastic fishing down at the coast, around Corpus. Thats about two hours drive for me. Going kayak fishing in the morning :D

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm not big on cities, but San Antonio is still alright in my book. I met a very lovely lady on the riverwalk years ago, downtown isnt like LA, Frisco or NYC(filthy), lots of great TexMex food, and dark haired, dark eyed beauties abound. I can tolerate Tejano music, but there's actually some fantastic punk, rock and alt rock bands between there and Austin. The music scene is always busy in Texas. Fantastic fishing down at the coast, around Corpus. Thats about two hours drive for me. Going kayak fishing in the morning :D
I know a few icons in the tejano industry on a casual level and someone who does sound production for an up and coming artist.

As for going cannibal, if I was far beyond desperate I would probably do it. If there is vegetation, I'm going that direction first.

Latest posts