• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First time I've seen this.....

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
My Sulawesi black molted 8 days ago. It has an intricate web tunnel up against the enclosure glass and cork bark, so it's impossible to retrieve the molt. I figured it'd drag it out like most do. Well today I dropped a cricket in, and coaxed it toward the burrow opening. Like lightning the killer got it.
I left it be, but just checked it, and now, the cricket is almost gone but it rolled its own molt into the cricket pie, and its sucking a cricket-molt concoction. So its eating itself lol

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My Sulawesi black molted 8 days ago. It has an intricate web tunnel up against the enclosure glass and cork bark, so it's impossible to retrieve the molt. I figured it'd drag it out like most do. Well today I dropped a cricket in, and coaxed it toward the burrow opening. Like lightning the killer got it.
I left it be, but just checked it, and now, the cricket is almost gone but it rolled its own molt into the cricket pie, and its sucking a cricket-molt concoction. So its eating itself lol
With u...I have never seen anything like that...well at least the molt isn't going to waste. lol

Latest posts