• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Finally here's a pic of my Pink Toe!!

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Here's my immature male pink toe everyone!

Meet Aragon:D

Attachments

• 20130616_172413.jpg
    20130616_172413.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 13

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Picture didn't turn out too well for me. Is that bug gel in the water dish?

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Picture didn't turn out too well for me. Is that bug gel in the water dish?
Yeah I just clicked on it myself and noticed that it didnt turn out well for me either...I have another posted too and in his dish its called Gut Load Cricket drink, made by Zilla, it says on the bottle ideal water source for all size crickets, Ts and Scoropions. The girl at the petstore (where I purchased Aragon from) told me to use this, that's what they used for all T's they would sell.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Get rid of it. Just fill the bowl with water. T's will not use that gel at all, and you run the risk of dehydrating your T. Pet stores are notorious for their complete lack of knowledge when it comes to inverts.

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Really?! Oh gosh now I feel guilty!! I had no idea. I got it at a Reptile store that sells Reptiles and Arachnids so you would think they would know the best of the best. But will do, Ill get rid of it now! Should I put a rock in? Or just water?

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Don't feel guilty. I have a small stone in our Avic's water dish, although it's probably not necessary, and yours looks big enough to be safe with that dish, but if you feel better with a rock (I do) then go for it. Just make sure the rock is clean :)

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Okay thank you!! Aragon is about 3 inches (hasn't molted yet) and the dish I have is small and VERY shallow, Ill put a rock in anyways so I wont stress and worry- I want the best of the best care for him

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Aragon is right around the same size as Karina, so I think you'll be ok :) You'll do a great job, pretty easy to see you're going to be a great owner to him :)

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Thank you! I just want to keep getting information and more knowledge on T's so I can be the best owner not just to Aragon but to any T's I own in the future which I know I will!:D This form really helps out a lot because there is experienced owners on here that I can learn from (like yourself)

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I was in your exact shoes not so long ago :) I've learned a lot here, and love everyone on the boards :)