• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding my Mexican red Knee

Scott1976

3 Year Member
Hello you lovely people I've always fed ny mexican red knee Mealworms would you lovely people agree on these as a good source of food or try her on something else?? Cheers

DEXTER107

Tarantula Club Member
Hello you lovely people I've always fed ny mexican red knee Mealworms would you lovely people agree on these as a good source of food or try her on something else?? Cheers
I’m fairly new with Ts. So far I have only used crickets. He loves them.

Attachments

• C75FEED1-69EF-4835-94CD-893B7F428424.jpeg
    C75FEED1-69EF-4835-94CD-893B7F428424.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12

Scott1976

3 Year Member
I’m fairly new with Ts. So far I have only used crickets. He loves them.
I've never give mine crickets just meal worms she eats well with them but thought I'd treat her and giver her something else
I'm not a fan of using worms, cos I always drop them and they bury into the substrate before I or the T can get to them.I like crickets or dubias.
No harm in using mealworms, just personal preference for me :)
Good point. I have noticed the mealworm burying themselves really quickly, she must go digging to get to them

x_raphael_xx

3 Year Member
I've never give mine crickets just meal worms she eats well with them but thought I'd treat her and giver her something else

Good point. I have noticed the mealworm burying themselves really quickly, she must go digging to get to them
I'm more worried for if/when the T is vulnerable when molting.
Don't want an escaped worm to nom on the T, or to pupate to a beetle & nom the T

Scott1976

3 Year Member
I'm more worried for if/when the T is vulnerable when molting.
Don't want an escaped worm to nom on the T, or to pupate to a beetle & nom the T
Them beetles are minging the smell is bad I tend to check every so often to see if she's eaten I have seen her eat the beetle bit as half of it was hanging out of her mouth

Jeef

3 Year Member
Always crush your meal worms heads. That way they don't burrow and pupate.

My slings get cut up meal worms. Eventually, they get whole ones.

A B.smithi or B.hamori will outgrow mealworms. There isn't anything wrong with them other than they are going to be too small at some point.