• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Favourite Tarantula?

Will25

3 Year Member
Hey guys...So 2 days ago my pride and joy of my T collection.....My A. Geniculata molted. A good friend bought me this T last year 27 october as a birthday gift and since then I just fell in love with tarantulas! I've kept all of his molts and really love watching him grow! I posted pics of his molt and how he looks now. If you guys don't mind sharing... tell me what your favourite T in your collection is and post a pic if you can! Thanks!!!

Attachments

• IMG-20150912-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20150912-WA0011.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-20150912-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20150912-WA0014.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG-20150912-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20150912-WA0015.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG-20150912-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20150912-WA0002.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG-20150912-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20150912-WA0013.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 14

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That's a very hard question to answer, I have too many favourites for different reasons. My P. metallica and O. diamantinensis because of their colours and patterns, I. hirsutum and P. sp Tiger because they look so fluffy and cuddly, then the C.schioedtei because of its amazing web tunnels. Of course I can't leave out the B. albopilosums for their great personalities but I think my very favourite is still my first ever T Zera, the OBT.

Yes, OBTs have a bad reputation and I was slated for getting one as my first but I can honestly say she has never given me a display of aggression, in fact I hardly ever see her but when I do then it is worth the wait.

Will25

3 Year Member
Wow gorgeous!!! I've always wanted one but like you say they have such a bad reputation when it comes to their tempermant! In a few years when i'm more experienced i will have to buy one.....they are just soooo expensive is South Africa!! But defenitly in my top 5 for the most beautifull T's ever! Thanks for sharring Enn49! ☺

Ghost

3 Year Member
It's hard to pick just one favourite when there's so many to choose from,and it's even harder when you have a large collection.
Anyway here's some of my favourites in my collection......
H.maculata
image.jpg

S.crassipes
image.jpg

G.pulchra
image.jpg

T.blondi
image.jpg

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I cannot possibly chose, but I've only got 7 so far ( I had 8, but my P. Met sling died :( and I have to wait until Tuesday to get my 2 new spiders - A. Amazonica and G. Acaeton), so they're all very dear to me.
As with Enn49, it's all for different reasons:
My A. Versicolor because she's feisty and quite often out on display, not to mention very beautiful.
hX8J7qP.jpg

My A. Geniculata, because she's really funny (plays with her water), never hides and eats like a horse
My G. Rosea because she was my first spider and she, too is always on display
My B. Boehmei, because even so he hid all the time as a sling, he is now constantly showing off his beautiful colours and always seems to be doing something like digging or dragging his plants around
My L. Parahybana, because he acts as if he gets really excited when I open his tub and he starts looking for food (when he was very tiny he would only eat pre-killed and would run from live prey)
My T. Gigas because he's grown so much and he's full of attitude, the only one of my spiders who's ever thrown a proper threat pose (every time I open the tub, but all from the safety of his web)
My GBB, because it's so uncomplicated and is still and that baby stripy outfit.